This is my image that I created using Word
Art - converted to a .bmp in Paint where I edited
it - saved as a .gif in Microsoft Photo Editor
Here is what I did, step by step...
NOTE: Some versions of Paint allow you to save as a .gif.
- Insert/Picture/WordArt - I picked one I liked and entered my text - image
- I then did an Edit/Copy to get the image on the clipboard.
- I then went into Accessory/Paint
- Pasted and then worked on the picture to get what I wanted
- I then saved as- and saved it as a .bmp
- I then opened Microsoft Photo Editor and saved as a .gif
- I then went into Notepad and wrote an HTML including the image
I got this picture by going to www.whitehouse.gov and right clicking on the
image and then saving it. It saved as a .gif file so I could then include
it on this page.
When you are dealing with images for Web Pages, you should only use gifs and jpegs.
When you create an image, you need to use some kind of a application that allows you
to create one of these image types.