Use the MYOB sample software that you obtained - if you do not have a computer to install it on, please see Carol Mello in K-205 to make installation arrangements.
Use the software to accomplish the following:
- Set up a small business with initial startup money
- Set up an inventory
- Set up a customer base
- Have the customers buy merchandise
- Have the customers pay for merchandise
- Have new merchandise received into inventory
- Include other components you feel would help in the smooth operation of the business
- The handling of customers and inventory should be handled on a transaction basis and not through general ledger
- Do period end processing to update the general ledger
Print out the contents of your inventory and customer base. Print out the transactions. Print out the reports you feel would be important to prepare for departmental and manager use.
Evaluate the package: (Use information from accounting, notes, information from the text and information from the Web to make your analysis.)
- Could a small business use this package effectively to handle inventory and customer purchases and billing.
- What components of inventory did you find especially helpful? What components are either missing or not handled in the way you like?
- What components of customer handling did you find especially helpful? What components are either missing or not handled in the way you like?
- Comment on period end processing?
- Do you think the reports that you can generate would meet the needs of your small business? Analyze the variety of reports and their target audience.
- Did you find this package easy to work with, user friendly etc.?
- What were the strengths and weaknesses of the package?